What is the Digital Education Action Plan?
The Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027) is a renewed European Union (EU) policy initiative to support the sustainable and effective adaptation of the education and training systems of EU Member States to the digital age.
The Digital Education Action Plan
- offers a long-term strategic vision for high-quality, inclusive and accessible European digital education
- addresses the challenges and opportunities of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to the unprecedented use of technology for education and training purposes
- seeks stronger cooperation at the EU level on digital education and underscores the importance of working together across sectors to bring education into the digital age
- presents opportunities, including improved quality and quantity of teaching concerning digital technologies, support for the digitalisation of teaching methods and pedagogies and the provision of infrastructure required for inclusive and resilient remote learning
To achieve these objectives, the Action Plan sets out 2 priority areas.
- Fostering the development of a high-performing digital education ecosystem
- infrastructure, connectivity and digital equipment
- effective digital capacity planning and development, including up-to-date organisational capabilities
- digitally competent and confident teachers and education and training staff
- high-quality learning content, user-friendly tools and secure platforms which respect e-privacy rules and ethical standards
- Enhancing digital skills and competences for the digital transformation
- basic digital skills and competences from an early age
- digital literacy, including tackling disinformation
- computing education
- good knowledge and understanding of data-intensive technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI)
- advanced digital skills, which produce more digital specialists
- ensuring that girls and young women are equally represented in digital studies and careers
Find more about the Plan and its Actions here: Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027) | European Education Area (europa.eu)
Follow @EUDigitalEdu on Twitter for the latest news and developments on the Digital Education Action Plan and its actions.